Elder Network is seeking a warm, administrative professional to join our dedicated and caring team. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with seniors, enjoy the flexibility of a small team environment, be self-directed and interested in learning new skills. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Receptionist works with volunteers, the executive director, managers, coordinators, other senior service groups, and the general public, performs general secretarial duties at a high level, and other duties, responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
· Answer phone calls from volunteers, coordinators, Board members, clients, and the public in a warm and professional matter.
· General secretarial duties, such as: maintaining files, maintaining orderly work area, typing, receiving and sending fax documents, pamphlets, and making photocopies.
· Order Office supplies and track office inventory
· Accurate and timely data entry into database and reporting tools
· Take referral information from professionals and other community sources and direct them to the proper staff.
· Maintain confidentiality of client information
· Assist with preparation and assembly of materials for training sessions and community work
· Assist with preparation and assembly of various mailings: thank you notes/tax receipts/invoices/payment receipts
· Coordinate and execute PSA’s, promotional bulk e-mails
· Create flyers, promotional materials assist with newsletter development
· Coordinate tickets, flyers, letters, brochures, programs, etc. for all fundraisers
· Process/file all Criminal Background Checks
· Maintain continued awareness of Elder Network mission and ongoing activities
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required
· Communicate via the phone in a warm and professional manner
· Record clear and complete phone messages
· Record clear and complete information about referrals
· Communicate the Elder Network mission and activities
· Demonstrate courtesy and tact in dealing with the public, co-workers, volunteers, Board members, and other professionals in the community
· Maintain records in an orderly manner
· Communicate clearly to clients, volunteers, co-workers, and visitors to the office
· Willingness and ability to learn new skills, including computer skills and use of various office machines
· Mail merge letters, labels, booklets etc.
Microsoft Office Suite including: Advanced Excel (pivot tables, linked tables etc), Publisher
Management of digital media platforms
Experience working with seniors
Experience working in a non-profit organization
Hours:Mon-Thurs 9-2:30 pm (20 hours/week with ½ hour lunch)
High School/GED with 2 years administrative experience or Associate Degree related to Administrative Assistant preferred.
Confidentiality is very important.
Microsoft Office Suite: Publisher, Word, and Excel
Elder Network is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Elder Network follows the principles of non-discrimination in employment complying with all Federal, State and local laws concerning Civil Rights, non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.50 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Day shift
PPE is available and encouraged.
- High school or equivalent (Required)