Staff allotted 161 hours for the year. Approximately 3-4 hours per week. Temporary position that lasts from start date-December 31st, 2023.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Program Director, the Outreach Coordinator is responsible for developing Elder Networks Volunteer Respite program in Dodge County serving clients 55 and better and their caregivers. Tasks include presentations and promotion to individuals and groups to raise awareness of Respite care and Elder Network’s Respite program. Relationship building in the community with non-profits, public health, churches, media and the like to gain referrals and recruit volunteers for the Respite program. Takes client referrals, conducts screenings and intakes of clients and matches clients to volunteers; assists with training and supervision of volunteers; actively networks in the community to promote Elder Network in Dodge County. The Coordinator will work directly with clients, volunteers, the executive director, Program Director, staff, public health, other health care professionals, social services, and the general public to coordinate and deliver this program to our clients.
Examples of work: (Illustrative Only)
- Builds relationships in the community with other service providers, referral sources and community leaders to gain referrals and advance Elder Network’s mission.
- Recruits Respite Volunteers and assists with training and day to day support
- Conduct client intakes and home visits to set up services. Collect information on mental health, physical health, medications, past history, etc. using established intake form.
- Matches volunteers to client’s needs.
- Recruits, volunteers and assists with volunteer training and support
- Manages volunteer schedules and collects hours of service monthly and reports
- Accurately collects, documents and maintains client and volunteer information as well as services provided in paper files, Xcel spread sheets for programming purposes and grant reporting.
- Conducts community presentations, outreach and promotional work with emphasis on rural, diverse and underserved populations.
- Assists with ongoing in-service education of volunteers
- Works with the Elder Network team to share information, trouble shoot issues, develop and improve Elder Network services and ensure success for the organization as a whole
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Must have a valid drivers license and willingness to travel frequently in Dodge County and occasionally to the Rochester office
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and meaningful relationships with agency staff members, representatives of other agencies, businesses and religious orgs, clients, and the general public
- Ability to work independently and seek guidance as needed
- Ability to use supervision and guidance
- Enthusiasm to develop a pilot program and meet new people
- Ability to communicate effectively, in-person, over the phone, and through e-mail
- Ability to assess needs and to supervise volunteers in client interactions
- Excellent organizational, time management skills
- Competence in Microsoft suite: Excel, Word and Outlook
Minimum Qualifications of Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in human services, business or related field or 2-3 years of relatable experience
- Prefer experience with older adults
This description is intended to describe the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty being performed by people assigned to this classification. The list of responsibilities is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Elder Network is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Elder Network follows the principles of non-discrimination in employment complying with all Federal, State and local laws concerning Civil Rights, non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.50 – $16.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
Some client interactions conducted remotely. Health screening questions conducted prior to client interactions. PPE is available and encouraged.
- Associate (Required)
Work Location: On the road