PEARLS (Program to Encourage Active, Rewarding Lives)
What is PEARLs?
- This is a treatment program designed to reduce symptoms of depression and improve quality of life among adults aged 60 years and better, including those with epilepsy
- More than 50 sites in 18 states use PEARLS, with more organizations enrolling each year (CDC, 2018)
- The program consists of six to eight in-home counseling sessions that focus on the following goals:
- Solving problems
- Becoming socially and physically active
- Scheduling enjoyable activities
What qualifies Elder Network to provide this program?
- Elder Network staff have been trained to provide this service, and we are actively working to implement this program
- A 2-day training session prepares staff to implement the program
- We are creating a waiting list of interested individuals
- Individuals will go through an assessment to determine eligibility with a trained staff member
- Let us know if you are interested by simplifying emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling us at 507-285-5272
- PEARLS empowers people through behavioral techniques to actively manage depression and improve their quality of life
- PEARLS is a community-based treatment program for older adults with depression
- A trained PEARLS Counselor will meet with you for 6-8 sessions
- Sessions can be held over the phone, on a computer, or in-person
- You will learn the skills necessary to move into action and make lasting changes
- Customized to your needs
How Do I Know if This Program is Right for Me?
- I've been feeling down, sad, or blue
- I have little interest in doing things I once enjoyed
- I have trouble making decisions and struggle with problem-solving
Who Can Be Served Through This Program?
- Individuals 60 years and better
- Those who have minor depression
- Those who have major depression
Benefits of This Program
- Learn how to recognize signs of depression
- Understand the link between unsolved problems and depression
- Learn how to move into action and make lasting healthy changes
- Develop goals to increase social and physical activities
- Reduce depressive symptoms
- Improve quality of life and have a more positive outlook
- Become more engaged with family, friends, and activities you enjoy
- Improve physical and mental health
- Lead a more active and rewarding life
What is the Cost?
- PEARLS is meant to be affordable and accessible for anyone who needs it
- PEARLS Counseling sessions are offered on a sliding fee scale or may be free of charge
Review our brochure if this sounds like a program you would like to learn more about.